Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sibling Love =)

    I've been so excited to share this post, ever since I opened the folder and revisited the photos I had! This is one of my favorite portrait sessions ever =) For whatever reason, these particular shots turned out really well--especially the ones of my little brother. It doesn't hurt that I have absolutely adorable models for my pictures...but hey, we'll just go with the idea that these were really good pictures =) 

     As I've had my camera out over the past few days, and I've been editing pictures more, I know more and more that this is a part of my life that I never want to lose--I am thrilled when I see technical and creative progress in my photos even from the past months, especially as I began shooting more on a prime lens (one that I couldn't zoom, but had to compose pictures on my own). I'm so excited to start the first class in my photography minor next semester, even though it's not a photography class...it's the first step =)

    Anyway, enough of that--you all want pictures =) I just had to get that out--it's been stuck inside for a while and my roommates don't want to hear about it all the time ;) But here you go--the first shots I have are of my sister Amanda, who was turning the mature age of 7 =)


The golden light in the background...sigh...


Believe it or not, this fence is falling apart, only around four rails long, and is right by the highway...I'm so proud of myself for making it photogenic =) But we learned a lesson, that we need to take enough shots to be sure we have a real smile in the location we like best...


I think this was one of the first shoots in which I was really starting to feel comfortable with the stationary lens...it makes such a big difference that I almost never use my other lenses now! Just look how it can take in the sunset light! =) Not to mention Amanda's smiles =D


Okay, now, I must warn you...there are a million pictures here. (Not literally). But this is where the favorite photoshoot ever comes in--I don't know what clicked, but something did, and I couldn't leave any of these out, because I wanted you to see all of them!

Michael didn't necessarily love the idea of getting his picture taken (last year there were tears involved, and I really didn't want that to happen again), so we went the very candid route--I sat there and had a conversation with him, trying to make him laugh while he talked =) It was great, and I was thrilled with the pictures I got...obviously =) So, you've been warned...there is a lot of cuteness ahead =)


See, look at that face! And right off the bat--look how my lens can catch so much detail? My camera blows me away, because when I'm snapping photos right and left, I can't take credit for how it manages to stay on focus and capture beautiful images...




This is the one we used for his birthday portrait, I think--it makes me happy on so many levels (the light, the smile, the freckles that you can see because the focus is actually right on target for once!)


See why I had so much trouble trying to cut some of these out? They're all so adorable! And all have the same awesome lighting...we were literally just sitting on the porch of our rental house one evening. That's what I love about portraits, especially within our family--they don't have to be complicated or entail going to special locations to look great =)



And this is when we remember that he *is* a 5-year-old boy...and that he was trying to make me laugh just as much as I was trying to make him laugh...at least he refrained most of the time... =)


This is one of my absolute favorites =D for anyone who's seen the movie The Blind Side...remind you at all of S.J.? I think he's got the attitude down =)


When we switched spots he got silly...but he was having so much fun, I couldn't stop taking pictures =)


Plus, they're still absolutely priceless--imagine these in his wedding slideshow someday ;)





Yep, that's my li'l bro =) I love him muchly! And not just for his photogenicness (but that doesn't hurt, of course). Well, that's all for today, folks! If you wanted more...you just want to kill your computer. 'Cuz that was a lot of photos. I have so many more that need to get on the blog, but I also have so much schoolwork that technically should come first =P I think blogging is more important...but my professors might not agree ;) I have a fairly light next few days, though, so there should be another update soon =) Hope you enjoyed this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment